Join the Portsmouth Symphony for an evening of revelry and a bit of the macabre as we raise money for our outreach programs and celebrate the start of our 21st season. Tickets are $75 and include hors d’hoeuvres and cash bar. ***THIS JUST IN! Portsmouth Teachers and anyone under 40, we have $50 tickets for you!*** Don’t miss the party of the season!
The PSO – Entertain, Educate, Engage and Inspire:
To aid in its mission to “entertain, educate, engage and inspire” the seacoast community through accessible, affordable live symphony music, the PSO “Masked Ball” will raise much-needed funding to support the PSO’s many enriching educational programs on the N.H. seacoast for audiences of all ages, such as:
– “Mainstage Series” 2017-2018 Season at The Music Hall (Nov.-June, including the popular December “Holiday Family Pops Concert”)
– “Get Cozy with the PSO” Chamber Series on Sundays at The Dance Hall, Kittery (Oct-April)
– “MyPSO” (Musical Youth of the Portsmouth Symphony) – Multi-level musical programs to educate and engage students from young virtuosos playing along with the PSO and receiving Master Class instruction, to PSO multimedia performances, such as “Magical Music!” where 1600 schoolchildren in 2017 experienced live orchestral music from “Harry Potter” and “The Sorcerer’s Apprentice.”
– “PSO Young Artist Competitions” – Awards 2 outstanding young artists from the seacoast region via the “Concerto Competition” for high school instrumentalists and the “Young and Emerging Artists Aria Competition” for vocalists (college to 28 years of age)
– “PSO Artist-in-Residence” – Provides opportunity for performers, artists, educators, comporsers for reflection, research, presentation and/or production exploring their practice within the PSO and seacoast community. World music guitarist Randy Armstrong is the 2017-2018 PSO Artist-in-Resident.